It has been over 1 year since I last posted a blog. It has been a rough year, to say the least, but honestly, I just didn't feel like I had anything exciting to post about. This year brought me a trip to New Orleans, crossing off another state on my 50 state mission. That was about it.
Since 2016 was such a downer of a year, I am hoping 2017 brings some joy and adventure to my life.
This is my list of goals for 2017:
1) Visit 2 new states- There is a possibility of a family vacation in the future and if drive, it could provide me with 2 or more new states
2) Eat healthier- it has been a bad year for me in regard to health. I have been busy and lazy which means a lack of exercise and an increase of eating out.
3) Read more books- I have increased my library quite a bit these past few months, thanks to my cousin Danny and other family members who bought me books for the holidays.
4) Spend less time on social media- I have recently deleted Facebook from my phone. This should not count as an accomplishment but sadly, it is. I hope to spend more time in the real world this year.
5) Spend more time sitting in public with nothing to do- This is something that we all avoid, the time when we are waiting for a meeting, an appointment, or just don't know what to with ourselves. This is the time when we let our minds wander and our creativity is at its peak. I come up with more of my good ideas for work during this time than any other time I spend getting paid to come up with said good ideas.
I hope 2017 is a great year and I hope that everyone can find some joy in it. I know that my joy and enjoyment will require some work from me. I am excited to begin this year and the work that follows.