Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Timberman Triathlon

With this title I am assuming that my cousin Danny will read this.



In the past few weeks I have been doing some thinking about the overall concept of going to the gym. Why would I want to go to the gym? I don't enjoy pushing heavy objects into the air. I do not like running on a treadmill or an elliptacle machine. What if a heavy object landed on me after I just worked out? I should be saving my strength for moments like that. So, again, why would I want to go to the gym? My job does not require it and I enjoy not being in motion. I need some sort of reason to work out. Maybe a prize of some sort.

That is why I am going to sign up for the 2014 Timberman Sprint Triathlon. This will give me a reason to get in shape and train. The sprint triathlon is a 0.3 mile swim, 15 mile bike ride, and a 3 mile run. This all happens in Gilford, NH at Lake Winnipesaukee. I will have just over one year to train for this event.

Here is a bit of my background in endurance competitions

  • In 2008 I started running to get in shape
  • October 3, 2008 I ran my first road race which was a 10K in Bristol, NH
  • In November 2008 I ran a 15K in Bedford NH
  • In December 2008 I ran a half marathon (13.1 miles) in Roxbury, CT
  • From January 2009- June 2009 I ran multiple 5Ks including the C.A.R.S series, Freeze your buns run, and Will Run For Beer series.
  • In July 2009 I competed in the New London Hospital Sprint Triathlon in New London, NH
  • From August 2009-December 2009 I ran Cross Country for New England College. 
  • May 2010 I competed in the Flying Pig Marathon (26.2 miles) in Cincinnati, Ohio
  • August 2010-December 2010 I ran Cross Country for New England College
  • Spring 2012 I trained all-star runner Megan Bourbeau for the C.A.R.S series
Me Competing in the New London Hospital Triathlon


I hope that with my background in running I will not only finish the Timberman Sprint Triathlon, but also crush my friends Dan and Ryan Donegan who will also be competing. 

To learn more about the Timberman Triathlon visit

No comments:

Post a Comment